View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 10:55 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Wayne; Mike - You were right. The first one is a whole lot 'purdier' - and besides that it displays both pitchers in their Expos uniforms - which kind of lends the story that they came from the same team (though Pedro started with the Dodgers) and would up in the same place (Cooperstown) on the same stage in the same year - In spite of the fact that they actual came from thousands of miles away from each other (California - Dominican Republic) and inhabit totally different body types.

I had what I thought was a very high MAX BID on that card, but someone else went $10 higher...now I'm kicking myself for not going a little higher, but I had set what was my limit and settled for the second card...not as attractive and not graded but limited to 10 copies instead of 25, and throw in a third HOF pitchers' signature.

I counsel myself by calling this a 'push'.

rjpm

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 11-14-2016 at 11:23 AM.