View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 06:40 PM

Default Passes

I tend to disagree that passes aren't tickets. I agree that league annual passes to see specific events are a stretch but team issued passes are great collectibles. Most passses were given to press or dignataries. They could find a seat I.e. General admission (bleachers) press row etc. or section designed for their seating. If your important enough to have a pass it isn't hard to find a seat. I think for example what press member operating in NY city wouldn't go to watch Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig hit homers during 1927 season or watch Jackie Robinson break the color barrier in 1947 or watch DiMaggio in 1941 during his streak.. I know that I got in on pass from my father being a baseball coach in the 1990s in St. Louis. I went to every game from 60 hr on in 1998 and never once was issued a ticket. We stood or found a seat that was empty. Also growing up in St. Louis area all bleachers were general admission until probably 1990. Just find a seat and sit. I would imagine that most stadiums weren't close to being full 1980s or earlier and had some general admission areas for regular season games.

Last edited by stlcardinalsfan; 10-02-2017 at 06:43 PM.