View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Al

I was going to post about this last night, Dan, but thought maybe I was nit-picking.

In the seller's description of the Hartnett that sold last week, he said it was the only one in existence. In this listing, he says "I've only seen one other!"

The one other that he sold last week? Or is he referring to one other McCormick? Is his listing next week going to say "I've only seen two others!"?

I'm sort of surprised that Global would misspell Goudey, as well.

I know that there's been a lot of talk about tampering with holders and flips, but somehow Global has managed to escape those discussions. I know that this is one of Global's newer flips, which is supposedly tamper-proof. But to misspell Goudey? How could a reputable firm in the card industry misspell the name of one of the major card manufacturers, over and over again on each of these cards that have surfaced? Could it be that these are tampered holders, and the cards were never actually authenticated?

I'd love to hear from somebody who could explain how/why these cards got in holders, and what makes them "authentic." Absent of that, I cannot possibly imagine how these cards got into holders - either there's horrible authentication at work, tampering of holders, or we '38 Goudey guys are missing an incredible piece of knowledge that really should be shared with the hobby by whoever discovered these "cards."

-Al