View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro Auctions Being Investigated by the FBI

Posted By: Kenny Cole

Wow. This thread is like a train wreck. You don't want to look but just can't help yourself.

For those who really aren't really interested in the 384 or so bickering threads, I offer this short recap. I do so with the caveat that" 1)it is only my personal take on the bickering; 2) I may have failed to mention some of the bickering (because I think it is negligible in the over-all scheme of thinkgs while those involved may vehemently disagree); 3) I obviously have my own views and biases, which will predictably expose me to criticism from one or more interested parties for the manner in which I set forth the following recap; and 4) this recap is almost as silly as the crap that has preceeded it. With those caveats in mind, here goes my recap of the salient points:

1) Mastro is being investigated by the FBI, according to a reporter who allegedly has it in for Mastro;

2) Jim C. wants to make the hobby better so long as doing so doesn't affect the grades/prices of his cards. Rightly or wrongly, doing so becomes far less important if the card portfolio may take a hit;

3) Leon is protecting Mastro because a) he wants something other than allegations in newspapers by a reporter who purportedly has it in for Mastro before he buys the allegations; and b) Mastro advertises here, as do many other advertisers, an "obvious" but disclosed "conflict of interest";

4) There are trimmed and/or otherwise altered careds in slabs, some of which may even be in the venerated PSA 7, 8 or better slabs;

5) Some raw cards are altered, which is clearly why they are still raw, since no right-thinking person would own a raw card;

6) Grading is good and has saved the hobby;

7) Grading is bad and has injured the hobby;

8) Peter C. doesn't know anything about criminal law ; and

9) Jeff L. does .

Hope I didn't leave out anyone who now feels the need to attack me or the recap. If I did so, you can rest assured that it was for one of the following reasons: 1) I thought your post was too stupid to make the recap; 2) you were only parroting what someone else had said, which gives you no credit; or 3) the 22 beers I needed to drink while I read all this crap caused me to blink and miss the wisdom being imparted in your post. If it was 3), please feel free to chastise me. However, if that did in fact occur, I do apologize for the oversight in advance.

Collect what you want, how you want, and everyone have a good day.

Best,

Kenny Cole