View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:25 PM

Default JimStinson

That price does seem ridiculously high ...but reminds me of a really wierd experience I had on e-bay that I've still been unable to figure out.

I bought an autograph collection in Las Vegas from the estate of a former security guard that happened to have six unsigned polaroids of Elvis Presley nothing spectacular just Elvis hanging out while shooting a movie. Most were even out of focus. They were "Throw ins" on the deal. After the autographs were all sold I listed the Elvis pics on e-bay. Figured maybe they would sell for $50.00 or something.

Within three days they were up over $3,000 and when the auction closed they closed at almost $7,000.00. Needless to say the high bidder never paid , I offered them to the underbidder who also never paid. I then blocked BOTH bidders and relisted them and they again shot up to $6,000.00 again same thing happened , never was paid. Underbidder never paid either. So finally offered them to the 3rd highest underbidder who was around $600.00 and he bought them. To this day I have no clue what happened ...point is with e-bay you never know