View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 03:44 PM

The sad thing is they grow up and move away but their love endures. This is my youngest in the basketball tournament against a team from Texas years ago. She was a prolific scorer but tore her ACL her junior year and didn't play in college. 13 years later she finally married (two months ago) and is the Mission Director for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. We are very proud of this kid who was smart enough to grab first pick from Dad's collection when he passes away and chose the autographed Mathewson ball
My oldest daughter appeared on the front page of the Kansas City Star in 1981 with Joe DiMaggio. It was a huge and beautiful picture of Joe handing her an autographed baseball. It hangs in my man-cave lol. She is married and has two wonderful children, my grandson and granddaughter.
I used to regret never having a son but both were and are beautiful kids, presidents of their classes in schools, intelligent, compassionate, were in homecoming courts and yet excelled in sports. The two most wonderful kids imaginable. I never regret that they were not boys, they have made my life special.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg securedownload2.jpg (77.5 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg securedownload.jpg (76.6 KB, 260 views)