View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Belltown Vintage

It's possible that Travis' tirades against PSA and JSA has made some collectors feel better about them.

Based on the autographs I have looked at that were authenticated by PSA or JSA, and I have no interest in modern stuff or in non-sports, I would guess that they get things right maybe 80% of the time, and less with the names that are most often forged (see PSA's website for their own list).

edited to add: I don't really care what the percentage is, as I completely ignore LOA's when I am looking at autographs. But what makes me sick is when a board member posts an autograph that he is proud of, that is a blatant forgery, and he feels secure because he has a PSA or JSA authentication. I have sent PM's to board members in the past when I saw this happen, and I generally received a really angry response. So I quit doing that. I have also noticed that few other members respond when such forgeries are posted - if it's a blatant fake, there will be dead silence. No one wants to be the bearer of bad news to a fellow board member.

Last edited by Runscott; 09-12-2013 at 09:14 PM.