View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 07:59 AM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Hey, Mr. McSnipe! I thought I had that at an even lower price. At least I'm glad it went to someone I know will appreciate it.
Haha, I think there were two that went up for auction recently? This one and the one that came from that lot and that I believe was resold? I was actually ahead the whole time with this one. Only one other bidder who tried at the last minute with a ~$108 bid. I am glad to own it.

I inspected it in person. I believe it was done by the factory as the bank cover sheet appears to have been professionally mounted on. There isn't a single bubble or anything to suggest it was attached as an afterthought. In a stupid rookie move, I took it out of the toploader it was in while I was walking and inadvertently bumped a wall with it, putting a one centimeter gash in it. It's very frustrating but it doesn't look all that bad, and, surprisingly, despite going through both the record and the attached back, it did not cause the back to separate at all. So I learned from it at least. Still annoyed but it will be secure moving forward.