View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 06:23 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswhiten View Post
Mike, the one i have was owned by Bill Wilen. He emailed me and said the photo came with an autographed letter back from Mantle in 1958 when he wrote to Mantle asking for an autographed photo. It is clearly just a print on the photo but still cool. He said he has the letter framed in his den
As to the size difference... i have no idea what that is about. The photo image is 7 -1/2" x 9- 1/2" which looks to be the same or similar to yours, so it could have been handout smaller i guess? Also, yours looks much cleaner, almost white, compared to the beige stock example i have.
Yours has a nice provenance to it. Mine simply came from some seller on eBay.

The photo image on mine is the exact same size as yours: 7-1/2" by 9-1/2". Mine is actually on a kind of beige stock and not white. I think that's an artifice of the camera. I should scan it to see if it scans more "life like." I took it out of its sheet protector, being careful not to walk around near any walls with it (wink, wink Chris), and found that the paper stock is not a slick photographic stock, but more of a thick, rough paper stock with an almost cardboard feel to it, but not nearly thick enough to be cardboard.