View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 07:27 AM

Thanks! I tried the inkjet route and it didn't turn out well for me. Heck, it took me so, so, so many tries on this card to get it right. I printed it out and made a laser copy - put some gel medium on the wood, pressed down, waited 8 hours and used a moist cloth to slowly pull the paper away. Then I put on some spray laquer. The whole thing was maddening, but I've been wanting to do it for a while - I love how it came out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post
Mouschi, GREAT card!

Now, I have to ask, what was the process that you used to "print" on the card.

I like to do some woodworking, and have thought about transferring images to wood.

The one process that I have found, but have not yet tried myself, is to print a mirror image with an inkjet printer onto the backing sheet for a label, onto the glossy waxy like surface that remains when you've removed the labels. While still wet, press to the wood surface to transfer the ink in the correct, non-mirror, image.

In the past I have also used decals pages printed on to transfer an image onto ceramic tile as part of a plaque presented to a youth soccer club sponsor. The sponsor was a tile supply company and I wanted to do something unique to them.

Your process looks completely different from either of these though, so I'm curious.

If you would share, it would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks!

And please keep sharing your creations!