View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 11:42 AM
D@vid Fel@

How exactly is block chain going to track a graded card that was cracked out of a psa holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlesteer View Post
Crypto is obviously the most prominent use. But, it could be used to track provenance and ownership of a tangible asset. Again, this is all theoretical but I found it worth a few minutes of thought. Flips could provide the necessary detail for tracking cards changing hands, price, crossovers, and even potentially keys mapping to archived photos. This is the path one could go down if an item were stolen, cracked out, and resubmitted for grading. You would potentially be able to identify the previous flip, but also who was the last owner.

Obviously there are a lot of assumptions, including consistent and willing participation by all parties involved. I was just trying to think of ways to solve for inconsistent population reports, understanding the "journey" of the card, tracking price, and even methods for discouraging theft.

The recent thread about the Mantle going missing at the National got me going. If this all sounds ridiculous, I apologize for taking up the space.