View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 02:41 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
You are right about the varying degrees, ideally I am trying to end up with examples that are 50/50 right down the middle. My Alan Foster goes a little too far and I would like to end up with one closer to yours. I have a Boisclair but it doesn't match the pattern at all, too large and it wound up on the wrong side. Your Bibby would fit in perfectly because it is roughly 50/50, and your Dobson would be a better example than mine. I believe you also have an Aurelio Rodriguez that is a better example than mine. The Roberts and the DaVanon are from different sheets, I have some that are from different sheets but they are so rare and random that I haven't been able to pick up patterns of which cards are affected on those sheets. The Bonham is on a different sheet and is recurring. It also affects the Tiant next to it, but it is much less on the Tiant.
Thank you for letting me know about the Bonham, I did not know that was recurring. The Meyer card below has a near equal amount of coverage... I also came across the second Meyer with the hat distortion variation/one-off. The Pablo card is interesting because both copies have the recurring mark on the hat, but only one has the has this recurring anomaly. I wonder if a copy exists with the print anomaly and no mark on the hat? I have two with the anomaly and both have the hat flaw. The Hartzell card has what appears to me to be an unrelated spill, but I am not sure it if is part of this anomaly or not....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (74.6 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (75.7 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (77.4 KB, 310 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (75.9 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (75.2 KB, 304 views)