View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 06:38 AM
Arthur R!ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
https://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/...-_Base,sm,i100
Here are thousands of Donruss cards you can browse through. Check the first page of Ken Griffey Jr's and you'll see a few with no . after INC. I'm guessing the Canadian ones also say "PRINTED IN USA", right?
Thanks for that link. God help whoever had to scan all those cards in. You're right, there are "no period" versions among those. However, without knowing where they originated, we can't say for certain that they're American Donruss. Basically, I'm going to have to open some American Donruss boxes and gol through them until I find a "no period." I have no doubt that there are no period cards but in order for me to put this to rest I'm going to have to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

And the packaging is different between Canadian and American Donruss. Canadian Donruss has 10 cards per pack as opposed to the 15 cards in an American pack. The wrappers say 10 cards on the front. Because of the reduced number of cards, the boxes are smaller. Depending on the year, there are also variations in the back panel product code as well as the location of "36 COUNT" on the box top. I've never seen a case of '89 or '91 Donruss Canadian but I have a factory sealed case of '90 Donruss Canadian and it has 12 boxes in it, the only case I've seen in the Donruss line that contains 12 boxes.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx