View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 03:56 PM
M@rk Comer

Default How do you decide what to collect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandr272 View Post
I've found myself back in the game lately but feeling overwhelmed when trying to decide what to collect. I have a few interests, but find that most of my wantlist is big ticket items that I will not be able to afford very often.

How do you decide what to collect, and what are ways to include less expensive items in that list?
As others have stated collect what "you" enjoy. Now I'm coming from the hobby perspective and I'm personally not particularly concerned with ROI.

To your question I decided to collect Brooks Robinson because he was my hero going up. So that was an easy decision for me. Some of his cards can be quite expensive in nice condition so I have to be patient with some purchases. I'm also an Orioles fan so I collect Orioles memorabilia mainly for display purposes. When I see something I like and can afford I'll pick it up.

When it comes to less expensive items I have quite a few Orioles side collections like ticket stubs, original and wire photos, picture pack stadium photos, Jay Publishing photos, etc. Will really never run out of items to collect.

If I had the means I'd probably collect other things like HOFers cards, pre-war, etc., but I just can't afford to so I stay within my means (most of the time...)