View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt39 View Post
I've not yet obtained a slabbed photo myself in part because I've always wondered how to display them while avoiding the garish (to my thinking) TPA info. Out of curiosity, what, if anything do you do to hide the labeling info? (I assume it was relatively simple since you displayed it so quickly!)
I've not tried it myself, but my understanding is the intent of the thin PSA photo "slabs" was that they were thin enough that they could be framed. My thinking would be to cut a piece of mat board with a hole just large enough to accept the holder without shifting around, then cut another mat to lay on top with an opening to frame in the portion of the photo to be displayed. The top mat would have to make a wide border to hide the edges of the slab and label, and the frame would have to be sized several inches larger than the photo itself, but that should work. The Beckett slabs would be a bit more difficult, and to my thinking would always have a "shadow box" kind of feel due to the way the photo sits in the slab.