View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
That quote made me shake my head. I come from a multi-ethnic family. What I love about America is that we are a diverse group of people. Something about devoting an entire month to one particular race seems counterintuitive to the idea of moving past racial classifications and divisiveness.
I have said this many times, I feel that those promoting "black", "Hispanic", "white" or whatever, are doing their associated groups no favors. The more we see any people singled out the longer there will be prejudice.

Can you imagine if there was a "White" history month or a Ms. White USA....or White Entertainment Television. There would be riots. I say just let it go...don't single out any people or races and we will be much better off. Until I speak with someone who WAS a slave, I will believe this way. And as for affirmative action.....what a poor, poor system. It actually hurts those intended to be helped. All imo.....

BTW, I have had a black girlfriend before, she is a great girl, it just didn't work out.

Last edited by Leon; 02-11-2014 at 11:46 AM.