View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Default Memory Lane Redux?

Posted By: Tony Arnold

Hi Barry.
My thought process was simple. In my opinion, most people who are bidding on his auctions are registry collectors. It seems everything that is lower pop does fairly well. I noticed in his last auction he had a boat load of them and I would have taken the under bid for most of my cards. I listed a couple on ebay and they did not do as well in comparing to his last auction. I think the main reason was because I knew they would not be lost in the mix of one of the other larger catalog auctions.

I consigned a bat to a larger auction house not long ago and they had no problem putting it in their auction. The problem was they had 3 other Stan Musial game used bats in the same auction. It did horrible as I expected after seeing 3 of them. I had a Drysdale RootBeer card in an 8 and MemoryLane sent it back to me because they had a 9 from someone else in the auction. They did not want to list it because they thought it would be better to do it another time. That made my experience even more postive after the Musial Bast debacle with another company.
Tony