View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Default Baseball Card corruption

Posted By: Scott Mt. Joy

Just from my own experience of sending in a number of bulk subs to both PSA and SGC.

IMO- SGC is much more consistent overall and I have crossed over 300 PSA cards in my collection this year for this reason (and much better looking slabs). The one down side is they hammer paper loss (how Leons card is not a 40 or 50 is beyond me, I have a couple that fall into the same boat, can drive you crazy). I feel like I get more of a personal touch with their service and have spoken to Michael many times and always seems like they care.

PSA for me has a lot more to do with the grader you get for that sub, sometimes you do great and other times I have been in disbelief over my grades. I had a sub where I felt nearly all of 100 cards were way off, I sent the 5 biggest ones back in (cracked out) and sure enough they got a 1-2 grade bump as I suspected. This is why PSA has lost a lot of my business. I also hate the qualifiers, they need to do away with them. Calling PSA is a nightmare and I just feel like they are a company with weak customer support (unless you are a prefered customer, auction house, whale, etc). The upside to PSA is if your selling cards in a contested registry you can make serious money on them (sometimes stupid money).