View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 12:45 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAYankee View Post
So am I to believe the stuff being sold through Joe DiMaggio Estate, the R&R entity in NC, is fake? I was offered another Gehrig ball by them in December. I thought it looked iffy, but they said it had a PSA/DNA cert. it didn't have the full cert, but one of the quickie opinions. Went back-and-forth on the ball, they finally agreed to send it in to PSA for a full cert (after telling me they were going to back out of the deal and put it up for auction). This week I learned they turned around and sold it to someone else who was willing to buy it as-is, i.e. no full cert. I'm not home now but can post picture of that ball later.
My advice would be to look through the myriad of Ruth or Gehrig autograph threads on this site. There has been a lot of discussion about what looks good and what does not and why. You will learn a lot more in less time by doing this.

Also, I would forget about buying anything like this with that kind of money until you have the ability to identify good from bad on your own, without the help of a PSA/DNA or JSA. Obviously it is your money so you can do as you wish. I just can't imagine buying something for that much with only someone else's opinion being the difference between a wonderful piece/nice investment and a $5 baseball with writing on it.

Tom C