View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
one has to protect their "investment(s)!"
There are two likely/practical reasons someone would "out" an auction: (i) its their item, or (ii) they have an example of the item being auctioned and they dont want the outed item to go cheap and create a "bad comp". In both cases, there is personal motive. And nobody outs an auction they are hoping to win.

I own a rare-back Ruth rookie and I like to see all Ruth rookies go for as much as possible. At the same time, this is a card I could bid on, especially if it was cheap, which it is right now. So, if I would be annoyed if I was a bidder, but am happy since I own one, am not a bidder, and like high comps. Purely selfish, admitted!

All that said, I was "taught" that (as a general rule) not to out an auction. But I figured it was ok to post the link since it was already outed in this, and another, earlier thread that contained a link.

It will be interesting to see where this thing lands. Its gorgeous, and its a rare combo (Gimbels is not all that rare but not may Ruths). I would think its a $1mm card in more typical sports auction house.

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 04-08-2024 at 06:40 PM.