View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Default Card trading - lost art?

Posted By: Wonkaticket

Ben;

Marc is right I am one of those collectors who has that stash of neat cards, that doesn’t necessarily want to get rid of them but if I can get something cool in return I’m game. The problem I have with trading is not trading it’s the general lack of realistic offers. Example I was offered several of these cut up jersey cards of historical players for my Bat On Cobb. The guy saw my cards on ebay and he has tried repeatedly to trade with me, the sad part is he really feels he has something valuable to offer with these jersey cards (jersey cards whole other topic.) The other thing that holds me back a little and I have to be honest. I’m a little gun shy in this day an age to just send someone I talk to on a forum that is truly nothing more than name, a Cobb in the mail in hopes of getting what we agreed on. With that said I am in no way implying that any member of this board is dishonest, but I would be lying if I said it wasn’t a concern of mine. You seem to have a lot of experience in trading and doing deals in around the board, maybe you can shed some light on just how it’s done and the safe ways of doing it. I’m sure there are lots of lurkers and members on this board who have an interest but may need a little guidance or help. Anyway great idea with lots of potential hey who knows maybe we all can get some cards we want and have a great time doing it. And your right trading is a lost art and thinking of it reminds just how fun and innocent this hobby used to be. Great post.

Regards,

John