View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Alan Zimmerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collect Equity View Post
Very cool vintage soccer cards. Keep 'em coming!

On a side note, any idea, if you were to do a type collection, kind of like people do in baseball cards, how many sets might there be for 1900-1920?
That's a great question! I would love to know the answer. My gut tells me that 50 might be a tad high, but I would love to try and figure it out. I know that between 1920 and world war 2 (let's say 1940 as a good round number) there were 100's of sets issued from all over the world. A majority of the pre-1920 sets I have collected types from were issued in the UK, with the exception of the 3rd series Felix Potin cards that were issued in France c1921. As far as cards issued between 1920 and 1940, I have found examples from many countries such as France, Australia, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Belgium, and Germany, to name but a few. I recently moved, so I don't have access to my cards at the moment. But from memory, I think I have collected examples from 100s of different sets. I'll have to count again when I unpack.

Last edited by wake.up.the.echoes; 07-21-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Clarification