View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 12:44 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

I wasn't even going to post about this additional purchase I made today, but little did I know I was in for a great surprise
After I purchased the 1948 Bowman #99 card, the dealer said he had a stack of off condition 1948 Bowman football cards available. As he handed them over, he said they included some of the SP cards. After I quickly thumbed through them I asked how much for all of them. There were 41 different cards and he said $82 or $2 each.
I thought it was a pretty good deal, and of course I can always use some upgrades, so I bought them. I just now went through them, and there are 11 of the SPs (divisible by 3):

And wouldn't you know it, one of the SPs was the last card I needed to complete my set #108 Buford Ray SP RC and the last card in the set! There is a slight amount of paper loss and a crease around the number so it is difficult to read. This card "books" NM $400 so $2 is 0.5% book, my kind of deal!
Larry