Thread: May Pickups
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 11:50 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
What is the story behind, Knoblauch? I always thought he was a great player but for some reason I quit watching ball and only heard rumors which I never followed up on?
Short story: A bunch of drunken idiots in the Mertodome threw stuff at him.

Longer story: The Twins fans loved Chuck and he left them for the Yankees. He caught the "yips" and could not throw a ball from second base to the first baseman. It got so bad he even hit Keith Olbermanns Mom with a bad throw. The Yankees moved him to the outfield. I believe it was his first game back at The Dome as an outfielder and people started throwing stuff at him. They stopped the game for quite some time and threw a bunch of people out. Not 100% sure but I think that is what made them turn that section into the family section and they stopped beer sales there.

I sure do miss The Dome. Yes it was old but there was a game no matter what the weather was outside because it was 70 degrees and beautiful inside. Could also be it is a 600 mile round trip so I knew it would not be a big waist of time and $ like now if the weather turns bad on game day.