Thread: May Pickups
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 01:21 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Short story: A bunch of drunken idiots in the Mertodome threw stuff at him.

Longer story: The Twins fans loved Chuck and he left them for the Yankees. He caught the "yips" and could not throw a ball from second base to the first baseman. It got so bad he even hit Keith Olbermanns Mom with a bad throw. The Yankees moved him to the outfield. I believe it was his first game back at The Dome as an outfielder and people started throwing stuff at him. They stopped the game for quite some time and threw a bunch of people out. Not 100% sure but I think that is what made them turn that section into the family section and they stopped beer sales there.

I sure do miss The Dome. Yes it was old but there was a game no matter what the weather was outside because it was 70 degrees and beautiful inside. Could also be it is a 600 mile round trip so I knew it would not be a big waist of time and $ like now if the weather turns bad on game day.

Thanks.

I did some reading too and found out he beat up his wife.
He was going to be inducted into the Twins HOF but that was cancelled after the assault charge.

Never knew any of this. Sad, actually, that he likely worked real hard to get into MLB and all went crashing down around him.