View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 12:18 PM
Christopher Williams

My friend Steve and I have talked about this numerous times.

In one way I am fortunate that I do not collect anything contemporary (except Jeter and I don't need any new purchases).

But if you're a Trout, Judge, etc. collector of autographs, you're either going to pay TOP dollar, or (for the most part), purchase a forgery on Ebay.

The forgery business has never been more profitable than right now, especially on Ebay.

There are hundreds of kitchen-table forgers selling on Ebay and Ebay loves it!!!

There are also the dozens of "Florida" sellers with their "Forensic" COAs that Ebay welcomes with open arms every time a new "Florida" account is opened.

Then you have the so-called Forensic authenticators like Stephen Rocchi (GFA), Chris "I Never Saw An Autograph I Didn't Like" Morales, etc. who have literally certed, in my opinion, probably tens upon tens of thousands of forgeries primarily of Mantle, DiMaggio, Mays, Williams, Koufax, etc.

By the way, the "Florida" sellers a few months ago are now certing Jeter forgeries accompanied with their Forensic COAs.

The majority of the below Sold Auctions are the Florida forgeries.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Photos/2726...&LH_Complete=1