View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 02:22 PM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidfromjerrymaguire View Post
I'll share the love of 1985 Fleer. I was 10 years old in the summer of 1985 and vacationing with my family in Orlando, and we went in to a Walgreens pharmacy where they had a big display box of open, loose 1985 Fleer cards, selling them for 1 cent each. I went through and picked out all the Royals I could find. Those were officially my first baseball cards.

Fast forward to October 1985 when I got to watch those very same Royals pictured on my cards win a World Series. I remember shuffling through and "playing" with them during the Series, ordering them by batting order, etc. Funny enough, I did NOT pull a George Brett out of that box in Florida, but I did pull this guy...and there really wasn't a hotter pitcher than Sabes that fall. Cy Young, World Series MVP, this card was actually "valuable" for a while.

Still have it (as well as the other 1985 Fleer Royals I pulled that day). I really should pick up a Brett and any other Royals I'm missing, and finally complete that team set.

Attachment 353147

Where at in Orlando?

The Pete Rose came from the Revco on Curry Ford road. It is long gone and there is a Walgreens now that sits across the street.