View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 11:09 AM

I also think that the 58 Topps in outstanding condition could rise and certainly exceed $50,000 to $75,000 plus. Al and Griffins collections are fabulous, but there are a number of silent collectors whose collections equal theirs, but they choose to remain quiet. With my recent acquisitions over the past 18 months, some of them have e-mailed me pix of magnificent packs, but I can't show their collections because they personally must do that.

I also believe that a 1948 bowman basketball could be the first $100,000 pack unless a high number 1952 T surfaces in any of the auctions. If I had one, which I don't, I would probably wait to list for another several years.

But I do have a 1953 Bowman Color baseball 5 cent pack in outstanding condition and there are a number of factors that could push that one to break the mark: two surfaced previously and both were in 3 and 3+ conditions and sold in auction for $12,000 to $20,000+. The pack has Joe DiMaggio all over it, so it appeals to Joe D. collectors and pack collectors.

Enough about me.

Also, while there are many pre-war possibilities, my intent was to debate "wax packs". But the inclusion of the earlier items is also welcome, and very interesting.

Reminder: Check out my unopened packs list when it is ready, probably in January.

Happy Holidays!!

Steve

P.S -- I did sell a 1958 Topps Baseball 5 cent wax pack with one really bad corner at last year's National before the doors opened to the public. It was bought with 2 other wax packs, one of which was a very rare unopened football wax pack.

Last edited by Steve_NY; 12-21-2018 at 11:16 AM.