View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 01:48 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I realized I'm off on Freeman. I remember him playing third in 2017 but he didn't play 3rd at all in 2018. They had Camargo there. He played reasonably well.

I think Boston probably passed because signing Machado would have meant trading either Bogaerts or Devers. Devers is cheap and they've got a lot of players coming up for free agency next year (Bogaerts included). I can see why they'd rather spread the wealth than put it all in one place.

Freeman is a first baseman- 2017 only happened because they had signed Matt Adams while Freeman was injured...and Freddie volunteered to play third, even though he had not done so since HS (if my memory serves) - Adams was swinging a hot bat at the time, but Freeman was a liability at third.

Also, the Braves signed Josh Donaldson early on this offseason, looking to have him at third and using Camargo as a super-sub.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente