View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailes2872 View Post
After looking for quite some time, I was able to score a '54 Kaline last night in the Memory Lane auction. I got it for $532 + BP = $638. While it is not the $450-$500 card that it was 6-8 months ago, based upon recent trends, I was pleasantly surprised to have landed it. What was more surprising was that it was only 4 bids and I placed the winning bid over a week ago.

There was one on Ebay (a 6) that sold on Thursday for $720 and one that will end soon that is heading in that direction.

My upgrades are now down to just a couple and Kaline was a big hurdle. PWCC sold one for $1400+ last month and it might have been a PWCC exception/higher end example, so happy that I got it where I got it and maybe a sign that things are starting to settle?
Love the Al Kaline rookie. My dream card. I'm a low budget collector, so reprint is the best I'll do, but I love when fellow collectors let us see when they pick up great cards. I've got a beat up '55 Topps and '55 Bowman Kaline, so maybe I'll come across a '54 that fits my budget one day. Thanks for sharing. Great looking card!