View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 04:24 PM
M@rk Comer

Default Collecting

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
For those who are disgusted by what has happened with third party grading, but still want to collect, why not consider some other kinds of baseball collectibles? There are many interesting areas other than cards, and it's just a matter of finding something that you find appealing.

Not for everyone, but something to think about.
I think probably most of the people on this board have the collecting gene so your thoughts on collecting other things is probably what some people need especially after this fiasco. I’m sure we’re just scratching the surface as well.

Personally I’m very disgusted, a bit down and disappointed with what’s going on with cards with both the sellers and TPA. When I first started collecting I didn’t take much consideration about the condition of cards. Shoot when I was young I didn’t really even think about “oh no; this card is off center”. Since I’ve been collecting a while now I decided to upgrade some of my cards and purchased some in slabs. It hurts to know I may have some of those cards that are altered that I paid a premium. I haven’t given up completely like some, but I stopped purchasing graded cards completely at this point.