View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Mike Navarro

I routinely give a guarantee on most items that I sell that they will pass PSA/DNA or JSA, or I will refund both the purchase price AND the authentication fees. I say "most" items because there are some names that I've found them to be bad with including but not exclusive to be Pujols, Manning, and Woods. On those names, I will offer a money back guarantee on the purchase price only. I'm not afraid of their opinion or of their skill (or lack thereof on occasion), and if I'm selling an item, I will have done my own homework to ascertain what I believe the probability of them passing the item to be before I offer the guarantee to pay the authentication fees if it were to fail.

I've had one item returned due to failing JSA and I promptly made good on my guarantee to refund the authentication fees as well. It was a Muhammad Ali autographed glove, Unlike most here that say they don't get an explanation, I asked Jimmy why it failed and they spent some time with me showing me some exemplars and explaining why in his opinion my Ali was not real. Then again, I don't make an issue out of their errors, nor do I routinely slam them on the Internet, nor do I ask countless rhetorical questions to rub their nose in their errors, so my experience with them might be different then the experience of those that do those things.

As with other things in life, your mileage may vary.

Mike

Last edited by thenavarro; 08-27-2012 at 09:25 PM.