View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 04:21 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
So does serving sentence matter? To me would depend on what the one mistake is to see about if it ruins your life.

Lots of bad guys do horrific crimes and serve their sentence that you wouldnt want to play baseball. I never understood the 'serve your sentence' argument There is earning a living doing things and earning a living in the public forum of baseball. I am sure some will argue he deserves to hearn a living but not in baseball.

Rae Carruth served his sentence, if he could still play in the NFL noone would hire him, even if the murder he committed was his only one mistake and even if he did it as 17 year old minor for sake of argument
I don't understand the "earn a living, but not playing baseball " line. If he had an overwhelming talent for architecture, would you let him do that? Or can he only earn a living at something menial and demeaning? What is the line? And please don't tell me it's a "privilege" to play pro sports, not with all the A-Holes people cheer for today.

I think this is such a difficult dilemma, but to me, if he deserves a second chance, he deserves it at what he does best. His crime was against a child, so keep him away from children (which he appears to have been doing in college ), but I think he deserves to play.