View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Eric
Eric

Default Thanks

I want to personally thank the "veterans" of this board for the amount of knowledge I have gained in the past couple of years on here. I would know nothing about many of the subjects discussed here and i would walk into a card show or look at eBay or an AH with naive eyes and believe what I saw. I now look at things with a much more critical eye and have especially learned the "don't buy the holder, buy the card" adage. As far as Mastro is concerned, he represents everything that is wrong with this hobby. It is unfortunate that it went as far as it did. I hope he is sentenced properly although I am no expert on that. I think part of his punishment should be sorting through 5000 count boxes of 1988-1992 topps and having to sort them into teams, minimum of five boxes a day, for a year. I continue to see it as a phenomenal HOBBY. My wife just sees it as an EXPENSIVE hobby. So, I know this is a sidebar from the thread, but a well-intended one I hope. Thanks again for the knowledge. I look forward to learning much more.
Eric