View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Default Ty Cobb/Bushing/SCDA/Game-Used Decal Bat

Posted By: Troy R. Kinunen

Since members of this post are both passionate and suspicious regarding our methods of authentication for the Joe DiMaggio bat, all of us at SCDA are willing to offer the following:

SCDA will pay travel, lodging and meals for up to 5 members of this post to meet with us in either Milwaukee or Chicago. At that time, we will provide you with the shipping records from Louisville that we inspected, video footage of Joe DiMaggio using bats with labels both up and down, still photos of Joe DiMaggio using bats with labels both up and down, a review of the video taped session with Tommy Henrich, and we will also explain the financial arrangements regarding ownership and payments recieved from the sale of this bat which affected our authenticators . All other related documents will be offered for viewing at this time.

Also, if any members take me up on this offer, I will get sworn statements from all potential bidders as to at what point of the auction they were made aware of the fact that Dave Bushing owned the bat. I was not privy to these conversations, so if warranted, I will begin to get accurate records of the bidding procedure. I also extend this offer to Michael O'Keefe if interested. He has declined to meet with us in person upon two different invitations.

For the record, this offer was extended to some of the original parties involved that questioned the authentication of the Joe DiMaggio bat. My one request was that the entire session be video taped. I am going to request the same for this offer also so all facts will be accureately represented and chronicled.

The members of this board have been very critical of SCDA. Lets see if anyone is willing to really find out the facts about this bat. We are willing to provide them.