View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 07:53 PM
Emlily Ell.is

Default Been buying up packs, sets and boxes now I need to decide how to sort

I've been buying a few boxes and sets from the junk wax era (1980s-1992). I've broken some of the boxes, and I've decided I wanted to break apart the sets and organize them for trading/selling. My question is where should I put certain players.

A.) Rookies
Which RCs should I pull? I know there's the big ones like Ripken ('82), Boggs, Sandberg, Gwynn ('83), etc. I know I need to pull out those. But what "second tier" RCs should I pull out of the commons box? I'm referring to guys like Julio Franco, Joe Carter, Doc Gooden, Daryl Strawberry, Jose Canseco, Bo Jackson, Barry Larkin, Palmeiro, Clark, Biggio, Sheffield, Edgar Martinez, Smoltz, Sosa, Gonzalez, etc.

B.) Stars
Who should I consider stars? I know guys like Ripken, Gwynn, Boggs, other HOFers are going to sorted into individual players and pulled from the commons box. But what about other second level stars or HOFers that are past their prime/collectible time? I'm talking guys like Rose, Schmidt, Frank Robinson (mgr card), etc.

Again, this is for years like 1980-1992. I'm going to be sorting everything into commons boxes and then into stars and RCs and setting up to sell at shows. Going to sell the commons for the following prices: 1980 for 15 cents each or 8 for $1, 1981-1985 for 10 cents each (!2 for $1) and 1986-1992 for 5 cents each (or 25 for $1).

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.

Last edited by wdwfan; 10-14-2019 at 07:57 PM.