View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 08:45 AM
Michael

Default Vintage HOF autographed card collectors

I wonder if anyone has any idea how many vintage autographed card collectors are out there? I know some may be specialized like only tobacco, or only Goudey and then people like me who are broader.
But say for instance a 1940 Play Ball Heilmann comes on the market (not that well known a player and not that heavily collected a set) but fairly rare card. If all the collectors know about it and none had him- how many potential bidders do you think there would be? There would probably be a bidding war but eventually alot of folks would have it and price would theoretically drop?
Also do you think our numbers (collectors of these type cards) is on the increase or are more folks getting out then joining?
I know we have a few folks with deep pockets and then some of us now are outpriced on most items.
For instance a set of 55 Bowwman umps went on sale on ebay a few years back and got about $25000. A second set went up a month later and only got $2,500 since the bidding war didn't have to go on.
So what do you folks think? I am not as well connected as some of you that have a better pulse on things.