View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 02:53 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Seems like the only sellers and AHs left on his board are a few identified saints, can not possibly do anything wrong, Mother Teresa as a card seller, and many others who are just the vile scum of the earth.

I’ve been reading pretty carefully here for a while. What is Probstein’s offense? Was he caught manufacturing fake cards? No. Does he sell people cards that are different than he advertises? Haven’t heard that. Does he post photoshpped Pics? Haven’t heard that. Does he take people’s money and not send cards? No. Seems to me all he has been charged with is his cards are overpriced and possibly shilled by his consignors. Which describes a lot of sellers. I have made a couple of offers in the last year and gotten some reasonable transactions. Guy is in a business to make as much money as he can. I get it. He’s not running the Red Cross or American Cancer Society.

I see some real unscrupulous criminals in this hobby. Trying to sell at inflated prices doesn’t get my gander up.
I agree - most of the time Rick's cards go for more than I am willing to pay BUT every now and then I do get, what I feel is, a pretty decent deal. Shipping is always fast, packaging is great and I never question whether the card received is the same card I purchased. So not real sure what all the hubbub is? (hubbub is a good word - aint it?)