View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 03:22 PM
J.
Jonathan Rys.kamp

Default New Variations???

I was comparing the variations of the backs of my cards, and I noticed what seems to be already known, but not cataloged variations.

On the two Narrow NilPrincess / Ramona variations, the primary identification of a difference between them is the with and without the "In Vorbereitung" clause. And on this site, both of the examples of the middle paragraphs begin with the word "Sammelalbum."

However, in looking at my cards I have another Narrow NilPrincess / Ramona without "In Vorbereitung" clause variation and in the middle section it begins with the word 'Prachtv' in the first paragraph and 'Dazu' instead of 'Zu' in the second paragraph.

When I looked at the back examples listed on Alan Jenkins' site, he shows this same back in his example.

So there are is a new variation right there.

Additionally, it appears that the Solo no "In Vorbereitung" clause "Postscheckkonto" on this site also contains the "Prachtv-Dazu" opening words but the one on Alan's site does not, which means there is another variation again.

In a very small sample 2 of the 15 known variations include the "Prachtv-Dazu" wording (including two different brands), so my guess is that other variations also include the "Prachtv-Dazu" wording as well - potentially this could even double the variation count.

This means that the number of variations now has jumped to at least 17, with a whole bunch more possible:
  1. 08 Turbaco (Blue) - with "In Vorbereitung" clause
  2. 08 Turbaco - with "In Vorbereitung" clause
  3. 08 Turbaco (Blue) - without "In Vorbereitung" clause
  4. 0.8 Nordmark (Blue)
  5. NilPrincess / Ramona (wide)
  6. NilPrincess / Ramona (narrow); with "In Vorbereitung" clause
  7. NilPrincess / Ramona (narrow); without "In Vorbereitung" clause without "Prachtv/Dazu" paragraphs
  8. NilPrincess / Ramona (narrow); without "In Vorbereitung" clause with "Prachtv/Dazu" paragraphs
  9. Ramona (brand name to left)
  10. Ramona (brand name to centre); with "früher 4 Pf"
  11. Ramona (brand name to centre); without "früher 4 Pf"
  12. Solo - (Medium); without "In Vorbereitung" clause; with "Postscheckkonto" without "Prachtv/Dazu" paragraphs
  13. Solo - (Medium); without "In Vorbereitung" clause; with "Postscheckkonto" with "Prachtv/Dazu" paragraphs
  14. Solo - (Small); with "In Vorbereitung" clause; with "Postscheckkonto"
  15. Solo - (Medium); with "In Vorbereitung" clause; with "Postscheckkonto"
  16. Solo - (Large - separated from "3⅓"); with "In Vorbereitung" clause; with "Postscheckkonto"
  17. Solo - (Large - separated from "3⅓"); with "In Vorbereitung" clause; without "Postscheckkonto"

Am I missing something or does this match what everyone else is seeing?

Does anyone else have any other "Prachtv/Dazu" paragraph backs?

If this is indeed the case, I don't know whether to jump for joy because I discovered a new variation, or to cry because I now have to go track them down. This set is getting so incredibly complex for a back-collector-completist like me