View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 09:25 PM
Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copa7 View Post
[IMG]amic15-1930

I hope this will clear it up.
Great find--I had not seen that photo in all of my searches. Clear as mud I guess! That certainly adds to the mystery. And it does appear the keeper has the Coat of Arms of Milan (AC Milan) validating the assertion that it was an Inter / AC Milan combined team--of note, while the uniform Meazza is wearing in the photo of the 1930 game with Berlin is similar to the one on the card it is also distinctively different. Notice what appears to be a cross in the top left of the uniform with a snake (symbol of Milan) next to it. Just for good measure it appears the players also have something in in the middle of the stripe that resembles a sideways "T". While on the card itself Meazza is clearly wearing a kit with a solid line and nothing extra added to it.

I have not received any more photos or information from the Giuseppe Meazza website or any other additional data. I am going to share the photo with them in the hopes they may be able to provide some additional context. Again, thanks so much and i will update once i get some additional information / photos.