View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

My hypothesis is correct so far on my '52 selling in PWCC. At this point it is about 20% higher than the SGC 50 (4) and I believe it is because the 2.5 has better eye appeal (I am biased but it does). It might not end that way but that is the way it is now. I absolutely agree there is more volatility the higher grade you go. For collectors I think the 20k range is a safe bet on a great looking, but technically lower grade Mick. If someone pays 125k for Mick in a 6 holder....the next sale could easily be for more or less than the whole value of a great looking 2.5.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
I tend to agree with you about the 8 or better possibly having room to grow. I think the entire high or higher end market has room to grow, not that this is necessarily a great investment opportunity because it is more thinly traded. Prices having come down on the lower grades over the last 6 months has more to do with a desperately needed correction of a market fueled by momentum and manipulation. Because a certain card in a 9 went up should not mean that a much more plentiful 7 should too however I know that is not a popular opinion with the resident spinners.

Last edited by Leon; 02-01-2017 at 09:12 AM.