View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbegs View Post
So like I said originally, this was going to be all mentioned when I have card in hand (sounds like Monday) but when I logged back in today, the population report had already been updated! I wanted to credit SGC for their terrific turnaround time and updating of the population report. They now have 12 graded, and seeing that 1 under the 40 column and knowing it will soon be in my hands is a feeling unlike any I've had as a collector and one that, frankly, I may never have again.

As such, I wanted to share my excitement with all of you and add a note of gratitude as well. I won't go into great detail but there is literally no chance I even find this card for sale were it not for having joined this wonderful community. I don't know if there really is a ball field out in Iowa where the legends still play baseball but when they disappear into the corn after the game, I bet they log on to Net54...

You bet your bottom dollar a picture will be posted.

Thanks to all and please keep posting any more photos of your own, information you may have or anything else related!

Tim
Congratulations, Tim. I am so very happy for you! Thanks for beautifully sharing your feelings and joy. WHAT EVER YEAR the premium is from, and WHETHER IT IS ACTUALLY A TEST ISSUE HAILING FROM A GENERAL MILLS PROJECT EXECUTIVE, that is one beautiful Mickey Mantle item. I have always loved this picture of Mickey. The mesmerizing look of concentration in his eyes.....

Looking forward to seeing a picture of your bounty.

Hey, you never know, some day later on this year you might pull off another good find for your collection.

Do you think it's about time you buy a copy of my book, NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN? If not, no hard feelings, but I think if you relish an item such as the Wheaties Premium, you would get a kick out of what you'd read in NEVER.

Enough of that. Just keep enjoying your latest prize, and savor the memory of the "1" underneath the SGC POP category for "40".

Take care. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 04-21-2017 at 11:36 AM.