View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Steve Birmingham

I suspect you'll find a few more with three different on the plate scratches.

In complex terms, the sheet that was used for the SC 150/649s also got at least a few P150 backs, while other sheets that got P150 backs with the scratch were earlier but didn't last into SC150/649 production.

How many with three different fronts should give another clue to sheet size, and at the same time narrow down the sheet composition for at least one sheet.

There's a few interesting questions with the SC150/649s, a couple of them don't match the rest as far as what backs are verified (Last I checked, I still need to check the more recent lists) So the question there is if the sheet carried over to the generic backs, or if new layouts were done with the same art, or if as happened with at least a couple cards the 350 backs have fronts that differ from the 150 version.

The stuff Pat is doing could also eventually show the difference between cards as packed for the Philadelphia area or "other than Philadelphia area" as the packing log showed. The could/should be minor differences in fronts within the 150 series. Very minor ones, but differences all the same.

Steve B