Thread: grading etc
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealmark View Post
As a "collector' since the 1940's I find this entire thing of grading and now some kind of stickers etc. one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. No, I get it. Those of you who are in love with plastic instead of the product itself good bless you but you are REALLY hurting those of us who truly love what USED to be the "hobby".
Sealmark
I guess I'm odd because I actually like both graded and raw cards. I have a lot raw that I can feel and see up close with a loupe. This helps me get comfortable with what a legit card is like so I don't get burned when buying other raw cards. But I also like many of my HOFers to be graded to protect them and to give them their own display in a way.

What I wanted to ask you though, Sealmark, is how are people who collect graded cards "REALLY" hurting you? You emphasize that statement so I just wondered if you could expand on it a bit.

Thanks,

AndyH

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here