View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 12:29 AM
Al

Default Open For Bidding: Love of the Game Auctions Fall, 2018 Auction

Hi Everyone:

We're still putting the finishing touches on a handful of lots, but I thought I'd let you know that our Fall, 2018 Premier auction is open for bidding. The auction closes the Saturday after Thanksgiving, November 24. Catalogs mail to active bidders on Monday.

We're really proud of this one. There are some fantastic items on the block, including a LOT of the kinds of items you hardly ever see. Some highlights:

Lot #2: A spectacular c.1913 Type 1 studio presentation photo of Christy Mathewson - one of the finest Matty studio photos I've ever seen

Lot #1: A Christy Mathewson signed first-edition of "Pitching in a Pinch"

Lot #3: A fantastic 1887 Four Base Hits John Ward, one of just two known (SGC A)

Lot #4: a beautiful and rare 1910 Reach Co. Tin Lithograph Advertising Sign

Lot #9: A newly-discovered 1907 George W. Hull White Sox Postcards Complete Set, including many of the highest graded specimens known, with their original envelope

Lot #11: Beautiful 1915 Cracker Jack #103 Joe Jackson - PSA A

Other items that are worth mentioning:

•*The finest group of 1894/95 N300 Mayo's Cut Plug Hall of Famers I've ever seen
• A selection of outstanding materials from the estate of Harry Stovey, including several medals he was given in 1883 and 1887, his silver lifetime pass, and several gorgeous cabinet photos
• Jackie Robinson's Heilbroner Sports Bureau card, one of the first things he filled out after breaking the color barrier

•The biggest 19th Century Baseball Cards assortment we've ever offered
• An outstanding selection of memorabilia
• Medals and other items from the collection of 1924 Olympic Gold Medal wrestler Robin Reed - I highly recommend reading up on his awesome story

It's always our goal to put together an auction that includes something you've never seen before. I think we've outdone ourselves this time.

There are some additional scans and descriptions that I'll be loading in tomorrow, but I couldn't contain myself anymore - please check it out if you're so inclined!

Good luck,
-Al

http://loveofthegameauctions.com/catalog.aspx