View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Kev1n @1les

Quote:
I wonder if I'd do better selling myself on eBay and breaking up the entire set and selling each card individually. It would take a ton of , but if I can get the money back, that would be good. It would also probably help the high grade commons that get lost in the mix.
In my recent nightmare experience, the time thing is what I underestimated the most when dealing with breaking up and selling smaller singles and lots.

Trips to the post office, trips for supplies, managing multiple deals at one time, etc. My respect for the guys that do this on a daily basis (and the tedium that goes with it) went up exponentially this past month. I remember when I was building 59. I bought a bunch of singles from Battersbox, but I would do buy it now and not put it in my shopping cart. They offer free shipping. One day, I was going through card by card buying and kept hitting BIN. During that time 6 of the cards were from them and, due to how I purchased, it came as 6 different packages.

Paul sent me a note asking that I use the shopping cart feature in the future - but I am pretty sure they broke even to lost money on me that day.

That is what life has become. Getting into arguments with the guy at the post office because the exact same package is $2 moe today than what it was last Friday. Trying to maximize what you can fit in a bubble wrap to maximize return while still providing secure shipping etc.

Unless you think that you can get nearly double on a card by card basis versus what you can get as a set, run to the hills. Avoid the temptation. Because once you sell the first card from the set, it is no longer complete and the long 572 card break begins.

Just one man's warped, beat down point of view...

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set