View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Good for him.
It is part of his job.
I disagree. Show me in any baseball contract where it says "must sign autographs for XX amount of time." I'm glad guys like Gio exist (he's the MAN by the way!) but I also understand how guys don't want to sign ALL the time. That said, I believe they SHOULD sign because at the end of the day it's not taking away the millions they are making playing a kids' game, but I wouldn't ever go so far to say as I expect them to sign because it's part of their job because it's not. Quite simply, their job is to play the game of baseball at the highest competetive level, win games and not get into trouble off the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
If a player's attitude is I don't want my signature sold, that's fine and I respect that. But then don't turn around and sell your signature to Steiner. Because then all you're really saying is that I want to be the one making the money. And if you're a professional athlete upset that regular people may or may not sell whatever it is you just wrote your name on, you need to take a look around and become just a little bit more self aware of the position you're in.
+1...I'm looking at you Dr. Mike.

Last edited by dgo71; 02-21-2013 at 09:43 PM.