View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 12:40 PM

Default DS

Hmmm.....my keen sense of self-awareness tells me I am being mocked.

Ok, here is the almost final tally. I found 16 non-glow back cards out of approx. 8,000 reviewed. This results in approx. 0.2% of cards being the non-glow back variety. I have access to, but did not include the 11 full sheets of DS cards as they are stored securely in a flat sealed container. Upon review I realized the bulk of the non-glow back cards came from 3 acquisitions made from soldiers that were assigned overseas. Still trying to figure that odd connection out. Sorry Joe, no Dodgers.

And all true DS checklists were of the "glow" variety.

And to respond to an earlier private email re: fake logo's, the above posts assume that most - even Arthur - can pick out the obvious fake logo's. (sorry Arthur, Al put me up to it). The main variety of fakes being shields too wide, shields that are pointy at the bottom, etc. A forger has figured out a way to accurately emboss the gold/silver logo on these cards - and the only major difference I see is that the palm tree is shifted slightly to the left. Other minor differences were previously described in that the embossing is fuzzy and you can't make out the stars in the flag, etc.

Z Wheat