View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 12:21 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Here is some feedback from my contact at ebay...

Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:42 AM
To: ebay.com>
Subject: RE: Action Required to Activate Membership for Net54baseball.com Forums

Hi D
I guess I am still having a hard time understanding why ebay has a problem kicking off someone committing fraud right in front of your face. Even if they sell thousands of good items they are still committing fraud. Do me a favor, look at a recent post in that thread and tell me what you think. It is post #236. They won the 3k Ruth card last month, cracked it out of the case saying it was altered and sold it as unaltered. How can that be difficult to see? Ray Charles could see it...Someone needs to tell them to quit. Isn’t that you?

Hello,

Just letting you know this is a lower priority project so looking at this in between other asks. The problem that I am seeing is losses generally aren’t being calculated by eBay due to the returns and fact buyers are not filing SNAD claims. If more people did that even if they planned to return it (especially for the high dollar items) it will get on more radars meaning the seller would be reviewed for potential not as described concerns. What I am now doing is scoping this to get a currently unquantified (and largely unquantifiable) view of the matter. A post like #236 is definitely concerning but I can see how the analytic backend does not see it looking for threshold exceptions to generate the work fraud teammates action.

Just so we are clear as actions will happen in some regard, telling you right now you as an external user will not know the extent unless the seller comes onto the board to discuss it. Longer term, I am working with management to kick around the idea of enhanced member reporting for niche products (sports cards, comic books, etc). That means being flagged as a trusted reporter (experts in an industry that can speak to clear potential violations within said industry) with a better consistency of concerns being addressed for instances like #236 that machines can’t effectively notice. It will help for instances like this but will require buy in from other teams so can’t make any promises.

I see a seller which we agree is a problem, but I also see the larger concern that I’m trying to solve for using this as a potential business case if the losses can be appropriately measured.

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBen View Post
These classic vintage cards will still sell for big money if she was honest. I really hope she gets caught. I feel really bad for the people buying these raw cards for $$$$. But if you are dropping that much money on a card, I would advise one to make sure it was authenticated by either PSA, SGC, or Beckett. Maybe we should all protest outside of her work/home/gated community in Alabama. I'm due for a vacation.

--Ben Jordan

Last edited by Leon; 03-24-2017 at 12:21 PM.