View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 11:42 AM

Default Baldwin Regalia Co., St. Louis, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Very cool, Brad! If you’ve been following this thread, you’ll know our resident researcher is Kyle aka Domer. We’re all “pennant guys”, but Kyle is the go to for the old stuff. Hopefully, he will weigh in. If not Kyle, there are other very knowledgeable guys who regularly contribute to this thread. Can you post a picture of the tag? Also, what does your pennant measure? I’m looking forward to learning more!
I hadn't heard much about Baldwin Regalia Co. before today. A simple google search revealed they're still in business, specializing in the production of outdoor flags d/b/a Baldwin Preismeyer, now located in the suburban St. Louis area. See:

About Baldwin Priesmeyer
Our company was founded in 1908 by the Chauncey R. Baldwin family and remained in the family until 1985. Throughout our long history, we have always been located and operated in the city of St. Louis, until moving to Brentwood Missouri in March of 2003, expanding and modernizing our facilities. We moved again in March of 2023 to St Louis County outside of Creve Coeur and Chesterfield. We maintain a reputation for quality, efficiency, and prompt delivery and service.Over the years Baldwin Regalia (the original name) has manufactured or worked with a wide variety of products - many of which we no longer produce. Some of these products include the manufacture of chenille letters, horse blankets, drapes, window valances, pillow tops, jockey suits, and felt caps. Diminishing demand for these products and the introduction of more efficient machines and materials resulted in the company's departure from these markets in the 1950s and 1960s

So, they undoubtedly dabbled in felt novelty pennants during the "gas house gang" era, when the red birds were routinely playing in the world series. That so, doesn't look like they made a lot of felt pennants over the years; and, probably none since the 1940s.

I've looked at a lot of trade catalogues from the 20th century and I've never seen this company listed as a recognized manufacturer of felt pennants. So, I'm thinking they only made pennants when the cards played in the world series?

Additionally, I suppose we can't entirely rule this manufacturer out as the mystery maker behind the "grommet pennant" series made between 1919 into the 1940s: https://pennantfactory.weebly.com/bl...champs-pennant